Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Ghost!


blueruins:

historiful:

The Brown Lady of Raynham Hall, Norfolk, England, United Kingdom. Photograph taken by Captain Provard, 1936.

The famous photo above was taken in September, 1936 by Captain Provand and Indre Shira, two photographers who were assigned to photograph Raynham Hall for a Country Life magazine article which was published in December of that year. This is what happened, according to Shira:

“Captain Provand took one photograph of the stairway while I flashed the light. He was putting in a new plate and focusing for another exposure; I was standing by his side just behind the camera with the flashlight pistol in my hand, looking directly up the staircase. All at once I detected an ethereal veiled form coming slowly down the stairs. Rather excitedly, I called out sharply: ‘Quick, quick, there’s something.’ I pressed the trigger of the flashlight pistol. After the flash and on closing the shutter, Captain Provand removed the focusing cloth from his head and turning to me said: ‘What’s all the excitement about?’”

When the film was developed, there stood the Infamous Brown Lady ghost, seen for the first time. No sightings have been reported of her since 1936 - perhaps she’s camera shy…”

No comments: